Tuesday, October 12, 2010

BANGALORE 2010 - The other side


On earlier visits, I had always gone to places on M.G. road or some nice place and left thinking this was one of the better places in the country. My last visit was in 2000. Ten years later, I visit again expecting a lot more since I have heard of the city being referred to as the ‘Silicon Valley of India’ and a ‘World Class City’.


























I visited an organization on Mysore Road and on the way back got down at the city market and walked around. It was not an impressive place.
















There were more people, more vehicles and a few flyovers. There were paintings on the walls of some of the sub-ways.















While I was taking a photo of the bus stand, a policeman approached me and told me it was prohibited and that I had to pay a fine. He was probably expecting a bribe. I gave him a stare and walked away.

























I went to the railway station to get a ticket and saw a large crowd near the counter. I stood in a long queue but within a few minutes, I was at the counter buying my ticket. Indian Railways provided quick service at the counter.






No comments:

Post a Comment