Tuesday, September 20, 2016

MY FIRST DIGITAL CAMERA

I bought my first digital camera about ten years ago. It was a compact digital camera, making it convenient to carry. I used it a few times and then left it inside a bag. Many months later I wanted to use it again and took it from the bag. I tried to switch it on but it did not work. I noticed that the battery enclosure was slightly open. I checked the battery and found it to be leaking. It was not old enough to be leaking. The summer heat may have caused it to leak and the fact that I left it inside a bag did not help matters. I replaced the battery with new ones but the camera still did not work. The battery must have leaked into the camera and damaged it internally. Moreover, I could not close the battery enclosure properly anymore. I think the battery not only leaked but also expanded forcing the battery enclosure to open and damage it too. I felt sad since I had used the camera only a few times. I also felt lucky since it was not a very expensive camera. If I had bought an expensive camera the loss would have been so much more.
Later on, I bought another camera and now whenever I finish taking photos I remove the battery.

2 comments:

  1. oh i'm glad you didn't spend too much on your first digital camera, i would have been crushed...it took me a while to switch to digital because i had just bought a nice film SLR when the digital ones started coming out and i was reluctant to switch...but eventually i did--.i should remember your battery story...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi b.c.,i think you don't have hot summers like we do and so there is less chance for something like this to happen.i remember getting the old film rolls developed and then selecting which ones to print,which also meant several visits to the studio.

      Delete