Friday, April 21, 2017

YOU DON'T CHOOSE YOUR RELIGION

My first job was with a Company manufacturing Electronic Instruments. I was working at their Regional Office in South India. All my colleagues were Hindus. One day, I was sitting with four of my colleagues at a cafe having some tea. One of them started talking badly about Christians. He did not realise that I was there. Suddenly, when he noticed that I was there, he tried to change the way he was speaking. He said ‘I like Christians; it is the priests that I don’t like. They are converting our people.’ At that time another colleague said ‘You don’t choose your religion. If you are born in a Christian family, you would be a Christian. If you are born in a Hindu family, you would be a Hindu. If you are born in a Muslim family, you would be Muslim.’ I felt what he said was right. Most people accept the religion their parents follow. Some may become sceptical as they grow older but very few people change their religion.

2 comments:

  1. i think there are a lot of things we can't choose when we come into the world--things like family, religion, country...its when we grow up that we realize there are more choices than we first thought....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you bc.we can change our religion,country etc when we grow up but not our family,race etc.

      Delete