Tuesday, April 17, 2018

MY LAST FOOTBALL GAME

We were at a picnic when some of my friends decided to play a game of football. I have played football regularly as a child but never as an adult and thought I would give it a try. Most of them were young, in their twenties or thirties. Some were in their forties. I was the only one in my fifties. I could not run around like them so I decided to play a defenders role. Soon I was coming under attack because I was trying to stop them from scoring a goal. Some of them collided with me. At other times I got kicked in my leg. After the game I was aching all over. My legs hurt too. Later I saw some swelling in my leg. It must have been the spot where I got kicked. The pain and swelling lasted a few days. I then realised football is a very rough game and decided never to play it again. I thought about my childhood days when I played football regularly during the holidays at a school field nearby. Never once did I get hurt. Maybe, children’s kicks are not so powerful.

2 comments:

  1. i think when we're kids we might get hurt but don't always feel the pain...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that's true. children enjoy the game more and are less likely to think about the pain.

      Delete